LANCIA B24S AURELIA SPYDER
Country of Manufacture: Italy Vin
Model Type: 2 Door Convertible
Body Designer: Pininfarina (Francesco Martinengo)
Engine: Aluminum V6 (2452cc)
Horsepower: 110 bhp
Torque: 133.5 lb. at 300 rpm
Transmission: Rear mounted 4-Speed transaxle
Front- Independent, coil springs, and internal hydraulic dampers
Rear- de Dion rigid axle, semi-elliptic springs and Panhard
Rear- Inboard mounted drums
Top Speed: 108 mph
History: Produced for one year only (1955), the Spyder
was designed primarily for the US market. Considered one of
Pininfarinas greatest designs the distinctive features
included the wrap-around windscreen and low-cut doors requiring
removable, Plexiglas side curtains. The Spyder uses essentially
the same drive train used in the technically innovative and
highly regarded B20 coupe (although few parts are interchangeable).
Lancia created the first V6 and this, combined with a rear
transaxle made this model very advanced for the time. This
particular car has Borranis, the rare Nardi Kit upgrade
including a special Nardi manifold and camshaft and twin Weber
40 DCL5 downdraft carburetors. This car is one of 20 made
fitted with a Carrozzeria Fontana removable aluminum hardtop.
Production: A total of 240 Spyders were made including
7 that were lost with the sinking of the Andrea Doria. The
Spyder was followed by the far more numerous Convertible,
which has less voluptuous fenders, traditional windshield
with wind wings and windup side glass.
This car was exhibited at Pebble Beach in 2005.
Return to Top